Saturday 11 May 2013

The road to Clevedon Pier

So I think I have finished work on my entry for the Clevedon Pier deckchair competition. How cool to have your own design made into a deckchair! I would so love to be one of the winners and I am so amazed how many of our Arts Week visitors seem to want me to win as well. I leave it out at the exhibition so that people can see one unframed and cop a quick feel if they like. Somebody told me it should be used as the pier logo, never mind anything else, everyone who sees it wishes me well and I already have a buyer for it. I never knew I could sew a pier before but it seems I can. I wonder what else I can do that I don't know about yet. I still have to sort out a really decent high-resolution image of it to send to the pier people but here is the best I can do for the moment...


One more day of Arts Week to go tomorrow and that's it. I fear that my purpose in life will suddenly disappear and I will fall off a cliff. I have lived and breathed it for weeks now. I have adored it even if sales have not been quite as I had hoped if I am honest; I still have all the biggest ones left (maybe that could change tomorrow!) but I have sold 7 out of 21 and got a commission for another, and of course the pier is all but sold. Not bad. And it has been lovely to get such positive feedback directly from customers. Next time I must concentrate on smaller cheaper ones. I could have sold at least 10 of my small beach scenes in "windows". There could be a price threshold for impulse buys and of course the bigger ones need bigger walls. But is a mini production line of beach scenes in little white frames the place I want to be? It would be lovely to sell a biggie tomorrow but I mustn't get my hopes up...  


No comments:

Post a Comment